Hello friends! Happy Friday!
Today I'm sharing the recipe for my current favourite breakfast - a delicious and super simple bircher muesli!
I've always been a fan of bircher muesli but had never actually tried making it myself until last month when I was flicking through Lola's Berry's book - Beauty Food (a lovely Christmas present from my parents-in-law!)
I was inspired and decided to give it a go, with a few adaptations to simplify it (using ingredients I already had), and although my version is much more streamlined, it is still very yummy
...I did cheat a little though and use pre-made museli, so it's probably not quite as healthy as Lola's version!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
* 3/4 Cup of Muesli (I used the Uncle Toby's "Natural Style Swiss Blend" Muesli from Coles)
* A handful of chopped walnuts
* 2 dates - chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* Approx 1 cup of almond milk
* Approx 2 scoops of greek yoghurt
* 1 granny smith apple - grated
* Raspberries/figs/any other fruit you like
* Mix the muesli, dates, walnuts and spices together
* Pour milk over the top and place in fridge overnight (a few hours is fine)
*Remove from the fridge and stir in the greek yoghurt
* Divide into bowls and serve with the grated apple on top and a scattering of raspberries (or whatever fruit you like)
As you can see it is extremely easy! I don't use precise measurements either so you can play around with the quantities to suit your preferences!
If you give it a try, let me know in the comments, or come say hi over on Instagram! (@laurennatalia29)
Have a beautiful day!
Lots of Love