This was my first foray into nail art, and I quite like how it turned out, so I thought I'd share how I created these Valentine's Day inspired nails. It was actually very easy so if you're a beginner like me, don't be afraid to give it a try! It's probably too simple to even need a tutorial, but I know that I for one am clueless when it comes to nail art, so here's a step-by-step description of what I did.
1) To start off I simply painted my nails a base coat and then 2 coats of a pale pink polish
2) Once that was completely dry, I used a tooth pick to dot the brighter pink polish into the shape of the heart. I found it easiest to place a little blob of the polish onto a piece of paper, and then make sure I only had a tiny amount on the tooth pick.
3) At this point, I felt like the heart needed a little defining, so I used a white polish to dot around the edges
4) On my index finger, I used the same pink polish to create "Valentines themed" tips - it's supposed to look like the top of a love heart. I found it easiest to do it in 2 strokes, starting from the centre and moving outwards.
5) Then once that was dry I painted over it all with a top coat
Hopefully that makes sense! I know for some people I'm proabably pointing out the obvious, but I often look at pictures on instagram and think "how the hell did they manage to do that!"
The polishes I used were:
Revlon Colour Stay Base Coat and Top Coat
Essie - "French Affair"
Kit Cosmetics - "High Impact"
Rimmel Nail Tip Colour - "Porcelain"
Let me know if you try out any Valentine's Day themed nail art!