I’m Lauren, a 27 year old from sunny Perth, Western Australia.
Welcome to my digital scrapbook where I document my life, loves and little joys!
I first fell in love with fashion and beauty blogs many years ago while procrastinating studying for exams and
in 2013, having finished uni, I decided to jump in and start my own little blog. At that time, "Lauren Loves Laughter" was a fashion blog consisting mostly of outfit posts alongside ramblings about my life. It was such a fun (albeit secret) hobby for me to dive into after work, and, as a dentist who wasn't really loving the job, the creative escape was definitely something I needed!
Over the years the blog has evolved to encompass my wider interests and now covers topics such as simple living, style, foodie finds, a touch of travel, and how to create a life you truly love.
I've finally managed to find more of a balance where I'm able to pursue my curiosities and feel much more content, confident and fulfilled in my career, and hope my posts can inspire you to do the same!
A Little About Me
I’m a fan of the simple things in life – strolls by the river with my new hubby, brunching with my best friends (breakfast is my fave meal), mothering my collection of indoor plants and drinking endless cups of Irish breakfast tea.
I’m a fashion lover who’s also a wannabee minimalist so I’ve embraced the capsule wardrobe and do my best to curate a classic, effortless and playful style that’s still colourful and fun, but without the excess.
I’m a true homebody, and dream of one day living in a beautiful old house with high ceilings, wooden floorboards and white walls, but for now I’m totally content with our little apartment which we’ve been slowly turning into a cozy sanctuary.
I want to create a life that I don’t need a holiday from, but of course I still adore travelling and exploring new corners of the world whenever I can, and my “wanderlust list” is ever expanding.
I love taking photos and sharing about all these things here on the blog and hope it can help you to also notice the simple pleasures and make each day a little more magical.
A few more fun facts to help you get to know me!
1. I'm a total early bird and mornings are my fave time of day (but I'm completely hopeless after 9pm!)
2. Gilmore girls is my absolute favourite TV show
3. I’m a Harry Potter nerd (I’m a 90’s kid, of course I am!) and used to be extremely jealous of Emma Watson for getting the part of Hermione.
4. Despite the jealousy I was actually a big Emma Watson fan and used to follow a website called “Dress Like Emma” that detailed all her outfits. I guess that was my first introduction into the world of fashion and blogging!
5. I’m not into sport at all and am usually very uncoordinated, but I LOVE skiing. That whooshing feeling you get while zooming through the snow is the best!
6. My favourite colours are pink and white
7. Taylor Swift is my fave singer
8. I also love older music – Queen and The Beetles are the best!
9. People always seem to think I’m a lot younger than I am. The fact that I love wearing overalls probably has something to do with that.
10. I love listening to podcast – particularly personal development ones about living your best life!
11. Blue skies and sunshine make me very happy (I’m a summer lover)
12) I'm addicted to avocado and eat it every day at work. My colleagues used to find it quite amusing but now it's just the norm :p
13. I love makeup but don’t wear it very often! My lipstick collection is huge and my guilty pleasure is watching beauty and fashion videos on youtube!
14. I recently got married to my amazing hubby, Tom. We’ve been together 8 years and our wedding was the most magical, fun and laughter filled celebration! You can check out the video here if you like!
15. I had so much fun planning our wedding that I’m kinda dabbling with the idea of becoming a wedding planner… maybe….
16. I used to be so embarrassed if anyone in my “real life” asked about my blog. It’s still something I’m working on overcoming but I'm slowly getting better at feeling confident and comfortable with telling people about this passion of mine!
17. This year I’m really focusing on following my curiosities and delving deeper into the things that spark my interest (one of those being blogging!)
The thing I love about blogging is how it can connect like minded people from all over the world so I’d love to hear from you in the comments or to connect on Instagram! (@laurennatalia)
Let’s be blogging friends :)
Lots of Love