I’m Lauren, a 28 year old from sunny Perth, Western Australia.
Welcome to my digital scrapbook where I document my life, loves and little joys!
I love finding the magic in everyday moments and sharing my favourite things here on the blog!
How the blog began:
I first fell in love with fashion and beauty blogs many years ago while procrastinating studying for exams!
In 2013, having finished uni, I decided to jump in and start my own little blog. At that time, "Lauren Loves Laughter" was a fashion blog consisting mostly of outfit posts alongside ramblings about my life. It was such a fun (albeit secret) hobby for me to dive into after work, and, as someone who wasn't really loving my job at that time, the creative escape was definitely something I needed!
Over the years "Lauren Loves Laughter" has evolved to encompass my wider interests and also become a space to share the journey of building a life you truly love.
I've finally managed to find a balance where I'm able to pursue my curiosities, and also feel really content, confident and fulfilled in my career and where I am in life right now. I hope my posts can inspire you to do the same!
A Little About Me
I’m a fan of the simple things in life – strolls by the river with my new hubby, brunching with my best friends (breakfast is my fave meal), mothering my collection of indoor plants and drinking endless cups of Irish breakfast tea.
I’m a fashion lover who’s also a wannabee minimalist so I’ve embraced the capsule wardrobe and do my best to curate a classic, effortless and playful style that’s still colourful and fun, but without the excess.
I’m a true homebody, and dream of one day living in a beautiful old house with high ceilings, wooden floorboards and white walls, but for now I’m totally content with our little apartment which we’ve been slowly turning into a cozy sanctuary.
I believe in creating a life that I don’t need a holiday from, but of course I still adore travelling and exploring new corners of the world whenever I can, and my “wanderlust list” is ever expanding.
I love taking photos and sharing about all these things here on the blog and hope it can help you to also notice the simple pleasures and make each day a little more magical.
A Few More Fun Facts!
1. I'm a total early bird and mornings are my fave time of day (but I'm completely hopeless after 9pm!)
2. Gilmore girls is my absolute favourite TV show
3. I’m a Harry Potter nerd (I’m a 90’s kid, of course I am!) and used to be extremely jealous of Emma Watson for getting the part of Hermione.
4. Despite the jealousy I was actually a big Emma Watson fan and used to follow a website called “Dress Like Emma” that detailed all her outfits. I guess that was my first introduction into the world of fashion and blogging!
5. I’m not into sport at all and am usually very uncoordinated, but I LOVE skiing. That whooshing feeling you get while zooming through the snow is the best!
6. My favourite colours are pink and white
7. Taylor Swift is my fave singer
8. I also love older music – Queen and The Beetles are the best!
9. People always seem to think I’m a lot younger than I am. The fact that I love wearing overalls probably has something to do with that.
10. I love listening to podcast – particularly personal development ones about living your best life!
11. Blue skies and sunshine make me very happy (I’m a summer lover)
12) I'm addicted to avocado and eat it every day at work. My colleagues used to find it quite amusing but now it's just the norm :p
13. I have a bit of an obsession with lipsticks (there are just so many different shades of red!) and my guilty pleasure is watching beauty and fashion videos on youtube!
14. When I'm not blogging I'm working in my day job as a dentist :)
I was one of those weird little kids who loved going to the dentist and was fascinated by the whole process!
15. I recently got married to my amazing hubby, Tom. We’ve been together 8 years and our wedding was the most magical, fun and laughter filled celebration! You can check out the video here if you like!
16. This year I’m really focusing on embracing creativity and delving deeper into the things that spark my interest (one of those being devoting more time to this blog of mine!)
The thing I love about blogging is how it can connect like minded people from all over the world so I’d love to hear from you in the comments or to connect on Instagram! (@laurennatalia)
Let’s be blogging friends :)
Lots of Love